Tuesday, March 03, 2009

KENNEL COUGH

ARGGGG!

I am stuck in this vicious cycle. I sleep. Attempt to write. Watch bits and pieces of bad videos. Sleep. Watch another piece of the same video with no clue to what’s going on, then sleep some more. Between the sleeping, video watching, and writing obscure crap that makes no sense whatsoever, I’m being pumped full of antibiotics, pain meds, orange juice and Campbell’s chicken noodle soup. I’ve been doing this for one week now and I’ve about had my fill of it. Being sick bites big time!

The other day I got the brilliant idea to venture out to the store for cookies. I could have easily sent someone else but I needed a change of scenery and some fresh air. Besides, cookies were going to make me feel better. And they did, right up to the moment that I was standing in the check-out line and the man behind me started to hack up a lung. The kennel cough was bad enough but then he had to toss in some sniffling and wheezing with snot running out of his nose and I was too through. He did all of this and not once did he think to cover his mouth with his hand or make use of a tissue. It was just too nasty! I handed my precious cookies to the clerk, said thanks but no thanks, and ran out of the store. When I got home I took a hot shower, saturated myself with disinfectant, popped an extra dose of antibiotics and crawled back into bed. I’ve been here ever since.

Although I feel much better than I did last week, I’m still not one hundred percent. But I’m getting there. And it didn’t hurt that my very special friend with his sweet self bought me two packs of cookies to make me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, right now I am just shaking my head from side to side. Feel better soon.