Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MY CREATIVE SPIRIT


So, I had a great weekend. The weather was picture-perfect, the company was incredible, and I didn’t lift a finger to do a darn thing for three whole days. I had a wonderful time at Spring Fling. I met some incredible women who are writing some seriously wonderful stories. I have to shout out a hello to Diane, Claudia, Cheris, Sabrina, Virginia, Deborah, and Leceila! And I absolutely love book events where there is an enthusiastic audience of book lovers. I have to extend my thanks to Janet Morley at East Regional Library in Knightdale, North Carolina for a wonderful event.

Getting back to my usual Monday grind didn’t do much for my spirit however. It took some serious maneuvering to get my mindset back on what I needed to do and then do it. When my work day was done I was out the door faster than fast. It was hot, sunny, and all I wanted was to be outside.

I spent most of the afternoon and evening hiking a local mountain, reflecting on my past and my future. The days ahead are much brighter than many that I left behind. I also took time to reflect on my personal relationships, on family and friends and what is good as gold in my life and what leaves much to be desired. As a result the evening has been fraught with some intense conversations.

I don’t hold much back any more. Since the end of my marriage and the start of my new relationship I am much more inclined to speak my mind instead of biting back my tongue. It makes for some interesting moments. And I like interesting. It fuels my creative spirit.

No comments: