Monday, March 12, 2012

MOVED TO WRITE


It’s early Monday morning and I have been up most of the night writing.  This is not necessarily a bad thing. 
My astrological forecast for today says that there are planets aligning up for the first time in some twelve years and that my friendships and relationships will benefit from the experience.  There was also something about powerful alliances converging and communication being the glue that will hold everything together.  It read better than I was actually feeling for a Monday that will have me starting my day with very little sleep.
Typically I ignore my horoscopes until they say something I like, but since the past month has forced me into a very reflective, very introspective mood, I was hoping the stars might help me put all things Deborah into perspective.  Lately, I’ve been so consumed with all things everybody else, I’d lost focus on my wants and my needs.
And because I’ve lost focus I can feel a storm brewing and I anticipate that the next few weeks will be life altering.  Trusting those feelings I am motivated to prepare myself accordingly.  I don’t know what’s coming down the pike but I’m determined that it will not sweep me off my feet or knock me off balance without one hell of a fight.  I’m determined to remain upright and standing with not an ounce of regret. 
Lost in my writing and reflecting on the experiences that were fueling my words, I was reminded of a quote by an author I am unable to acknowledge.  This unknown author wrote, “In the end we will only regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were scared to have and the decisions we waited too long to make.  There comes a time in your life when you will realize who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will. So don't worry about the people from your past, there's a reason they didn't make it to your future.”
If my horoscope is right, there will be some who won’t make it to my future, but more importantly, there will be those who will.  And knowing this, I am moved to write. 

No comments: