Monday, August 24, 2009

DATES FOR CHARITY 2009


Oh, my goodness! Where do I begin?!

Despite a few bumps along the way my bachelor auction was very successful Saturday night. Although severe thunderstorms and torrential rains kept the crowds at bay, there were still a good number of diehard supporters who showed up to give the foundation their endorsement.

I wish I could report that we made tons of money for future scholarships but unfortunately such was not the case. We’re still tallying the numbers but it would appear that we at least broke even, the bills got paid and the endowment fund has a nice start. I’ll take that. I know that we set a standard and that next year it will only be better.

I also know that everyone who participated had an exceptional time. My volunteers were extraordinary and the folks who gathered to support us made the experience worthwhile. We partied until the wee hours of the morning and I am still trying to recover.

I loved everything about this. I value each and every lesson I learned. I absolutely adore every person who gave so freely of themselves and their time. Plans are already spinning in my head to do it all again soon.

Did I say how much I absolutely loved this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, wipe that smile off your face, because I can hear it in your voice. Rub it in for those of us who did not get a chance to salivate at the umm offerings on the auction block. We can only listen for the excitement in your voice (LOL) Congratulations on the auction and much continued success with the upcoming year.
Bridget

Deborah Mello said...

LOL....Thank you....gosh, I'm still drooling....