Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LAST CHANCE TO VOTE!!!

Today is the last day to VOTE for my About.me profile, ending my efforts to win a billboard in Times Square. Right now I’m in the top 5%, but I’ve been stuck there for the last two weeks, never seeming to be able to pull myself any higher. I think that’s About.me’s way of playing with my head.

Yesterday I spent hours in reflection, wondering what else I could have done / could do, to promote Deborah Fletcher Mello and her books. I approached the process as if I were a client and I felt satisfied with all that I did do. I’ve been a one-woman promo machine pushing flyers about my books, meeting and talking with complete strangers, and forcing persuading acquaintances and friends to vote. I enlisted help from those I love most and they didn't fail me, stepping up in ways I couldn't have imagined.  I don’t remember campaigning this hard to be my high school senior class President.

Admittedly, I have done more in the last month than I have ever done in my entire career. But I am still well out of my comfort zone and this experience has finally convinced me to hire a publicist to do that leg work for me. While reflecting, what I kept coming back to was my writing. All I wanted to do was write. And so, as you may have noticed, I did. I wrote what inspired me, three posts coming back to back. I wrote because it felt good to do so and because that is my strength. It’s what I’m great at. It’s what I absolutely love most.

I would still love that billboard and the opportunity to spread the word even farther about my writing, so I’m giving one final push for as many more VOTES as I can muster up. Today I’m beat-feeting it to the library, my favorite book stores, the hair salons and anywhere else I can think of to go beg for VOTES. It’s going to be a great day and until 11:59pm ET tonight, I hope that you will take one opportunity to VOTE for me. Thank you.

Click HERE or any of the VOTE links to VOTE one last time!

No comments: