Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SICK AS A DOG...


So much for best laid plans….I am sick as a dog. I woke up sick the morning I was supposed to leave for my birthday getaway. Needless to say, I didn’t go anywhere but to my bed and that was after my visit to the hospital emergency room.

I hate being sick and right now I look like I’ve been run over by a car. I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck. It is so not pretty. But I’ve had some of the best nursing care imaginable. My guy surely knows how to take care of this woman!

The upside to all this is that as I’ve been lying in bed recuperating, there has been a story spinning through my mind that is aching to get out. And I do mean aching! So between hot tea, hot soup, back massages, foot massages, body massages, and meds, I’m writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, don't you dare get sick again for the fringe benefits (laugh)