Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

I had never thought of myself as being a hopeless romantic but it hit me that I really do yearn for the happily-ever-after ending. The notion hit so hard that I was moved to a teary moment that could have ended in a very bad ugly cry if I had allowed my emotions to get away from me.

I want a happily-ever-after ending. Not only for myself but also for everyone who might still be searching for their Prince Charming or Queen Bee. And why shouldn’t I? Why shouldn’t we all? Why would I, or anyone else, ever imagine that we weren’t deserving of a happy ending, and more?

I am reminded that life is short. And no one ever promised that it would be sweet. I understand that I am solely responsible for my happy and no matter what a partner’s best efforts might be, no soul can bring me joy if I’m not open to receiving it.

Opening one’s heart can be quite a challenge. Then again it may come as easily as breathing. Either way, happy is a state of being that requires a level of conviction and a determination to achieve.

I’m fighting for my happy. Are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true. Seize the moment. Life is short and we all desire and deserve happiness at points in our life. CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah Mello said...

BIG SMILES!!!!!!