Thursday, April 11, 2013

VOICES TALKING...

I’ve got voices talking so fast at me that I can barely keep up.  The writing is flowing like water from a faucet and it feels really good.  As always, with the words there has to be music and between pumping the stereo, the radio, and the TV on loud everyone else in the house is having some issues.  Even my TV addiction and reality show moments have been interrupted by the voices. 
Most everyone knows I’m a junkie for talent searches and still, after all this time, I love shows like American Idol, XFactor, The Voice, and any other TV medium that gives opportunity to those who might not have a chance otherwise.  I sometimes feel like I’m personally discovering new talent when I’m moved emotionally by a contestant’s performance. 
And there have been a few performances that truly moved me; so much so that I can recall them easily.  There was Fantasia Barrino’s performance of Summertime, Joshua Ledet singing It's a Man's World, Adam Lambert’s cover of Tracks of My Tears, Melanie Amaro’s audition performance of Listen and Chris Rene’s original rap Young Homie.  And I can’t forget little Rachel Crow’s survival song, I’d Rather Go Blind or Crystal Bowersox’s People Get Ready.  I watch the UK versions of these shows as well so I have to include almost everything Rebecca Ferguson sang during her season, Danyl Johnson’s A Little Help From My Friends and that renowned performance by Susan Boyle.
Whew!  Now that I think about it there have been quite a few musical moments that touched me!  And now I get to add one more to the list.  Last night, new sensation Candice Glover, a front runner for the American Idol title performed Lovesong by The Cure.  Thank goodness for that DVR!  I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve replayed it because the voices couldn’t get enough and many chapters later my characters are still talking fast and furious.  Oh, how good it feels!
So, if you missed it, please enjoy.  I know the voices talking certainly do!



No comments: