Sunday, November 27, 2011

THANKFUL...

The holiday weekend is winding down.  We’ve eaten leftovers from the leftovers, no one even wanting to think about another slice of turkey or spoonful of stuffing.  Now we’re squabbling over who gets the final few slices of chocolate pecan pie and who snuck the last almond cookie, leaving the empty plate still covered on the countertop. 
It was a delightful holiday and a great weekend.  There was much quality time with my favorite guy, a ton of fun with family, and catching up with old friends.  We enjoyed good food and some really decadent desserts so tomorrow it’s back to the gym.  There was a surprise marriage proposal, an early baby delivery, unexpected gifts, and the completion of my latest book.  I couldn’t have planned a better holiday if I’d tried.  I hope everyone's holiday was as magnanimous.
I have had much to be thankful for.  My blessings have been many.  It’s been a very good year.

No comments: