Sunday, January 30, 2011

REEL IN MY OBSESSION

I go through phases of obsession. Two years ago it was little black dresses. I spent months trying to find the perfect little black dress. Toward that goal I lost count of the number of little black dresses that I purchased. I know that at least two dozen of them are hanging in my closet with the price tags still on them.

Then I went through my sweat suit phase. Couldn’t get enough cute sweat suits to bum around the house in. Bought until I was sweat suited out!

Now I’m back to a girl’s all-time favorite: shoes! I love me some shoes! And I love shoes that make a statement.

Recently I was desperate for the sleekest pair of black, thigh-high boots that I could find. I spent at least three months looking for the most perfect pair and then I found these Christian Louboutin black suede boots that absolutely rocked my obsessive spirit and kicked it back into thigh-high gear. My boots are all that and an extra-large bag of chips. My boots are HOT! and I feel like I am on fire when I'm wearing them. LOVE my boots!!!!!

Then I had to get these babies.




They are the cutest little booties that convert to a fold-over. While I was waiting for the FedEx man to make my special delivery I found the animal print booties and how could I pass up the animal print?

Summer’s coming and between the strappy sandals, cute espadrilles, high-heeled slides and every other too cute shoe I can fathom, I’m thinking that I may need to get me some retail therapy help to reel in my obsession.

And I need to reel that obsession in 'cause more times than not I usually default to my favorite pair of tennis shoes or my black Capezios and all my great shoes sit pretty in their boxes with the price tags still on them.

No comments: