Sunday, June 14, 2009

IN TIME


I’d been nineteen years old, already married, already raising four kids with a fifth on the way and I had asked the ex-hubby a very important question about our relationship. He responded, “In time.”

Fast forward some twenty-plus years later and what I had asked that man has still yet to materialize. “In time” never happened.

Recently, I asked my very special friend a very important question about our relationship. He responded, “In time.”

It was a true déjà vu moment.

But this time around I don’t have twenty-plus years to see whether or not it will ever come to fruition. Nor am I interested in weathering the disappointment if it doesn’t.

I think my propensity for asking men very important questions has run its course. I realized that I already knew what both their answers were going to be before I even ventured to put myself out there. It doesn't take rocket science to know that I’ve been asking the wrong people what I want to know. I need to be looking to myself for the answers. "In Time" has proven to be a very worthy teacher.

I am really like this growth thing. I am having one heck of a ball as I walk this path of self-discovery. It amazes me each time I walk up, and I can smile, and feel accomplished and know that I truly am blessed no matter what might have tried to set me back.

The sun is shining brightly and I feel really, really good. Now I’m going to grab me a shower, throw on a pretty dress and have myself one heck of a great day.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy yours!

No comments: