Monday, July 16, 2007

ONE WHOLE YEAR!


WOW! It’s been exactly one year since I started blogging. One whole year of me bellyaching about one thing or another. I said in my first post that I didn’t have a clue where I was going with this and that I imagined it would be one hell of a ride. Well, I’m still riding this roller coaster without a clue where I’m going. I’ve enjoyed the highs and the lows and there have been plenty of both to go around. But I’ve been having fun and for me, right now, that’s all that matters. It wasn’t my intent to impart words of wisdom about writing or life and I truly didn’t give a rat’s behind if folks liked what I had to say or not. I just knew that this would be an opportunity and a medium where I could express myself and enjoy doing it.

There have been many comments recently about just how much of one’s personal self a writer should or shouldn’t put out here in Never-Never Land. I personally know that if I put it out here in writing, I’m also talking about it with the cashier at the grocery store, my neighbor, the postman, and anyone else who’ll take a minute or two to have a conversation with me. If it’s sacred, you’ll never know and I think everyone doing this has to find his or her own personal boundaries to work behind. I know and respect mine.

So, let’s hope the next year is as fruitful as I think the last one has been. I’ll try not to whine as much and I’m sure I could be a little less philosophical. I’d like to work more on my funny too, because there are moments I know that I can really be quite funny. I think it’s a given that I’ll periodically bemoan the nature of my empty nest but what the hell! I’ll be lonely without my baby boy. I may even revive Dear Debby once I’m out of deadline hell. Then again, maybe I won’t. Either way, I’ll work hard to stay true to who I am and I’ll always try to give you a really good read. So, for all of you who've ridden this ride with me, I certainly hope you don't get off any time soon. And, just like this past year, if you're new to me and mine, I hope you enjoy the experience. If not, I certainly understand. But if you do, please come back and do tell a friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deborah,

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary!!!

Tiffany

Deborah Mello said...

Thanks, Tiffany!