Wednesday, July 01, 2009

HANDS FULL!


I’m on a diet. It’s not a “lifestyle” change because that’s not what I need. I needed something that would give me a good swift kick in my very wide derriere and jumpstart my weight loss. So my very special friend and I embarked on a “diet”. I won’t say which one because I don’t necessarily condone the philosophy of most “diets”. I will say though that this one is depriving me of the foods I love most and has put me in an evil frame of mind. What keeps me enduring though is my man proclaiming that he will last longer than I will and lose more weight than me. He knows my competitive spirit won’t allow me to back away from a challenge. Not even for the chicken fettucine I’ve been craving like crazy.

There is much going on in my life right now. I’ve seriously got my hands full and I am loving every minute of it. First on my list is the benefit fundraiser I’m hosting in August. I’ll give you more on that at a later date.

The other biggie on my list is my new company. It’s something I started some time back and eluded to once or twice in this space. Much like my writing though it’s a business I’ve let evolve slowly. I’m thrilled at how fast that growth has actually been. The business has undergone a number of transformations including two name changes and the loss of three potential “partners”. Folks ran fast when they realized it would be more work than profit in the beginning. But I’ve hung in, allowed my creative vision to do what it does best and JOI COUTURE is now thriving. So visit my new space for JOI COUTURE and let me know what you think!

Until then, eat some chocolate for me. I can’t until I’m down at least twenty pounds. One hundred pounds from now I’ll work on that lifestyle thing.


No comments: