Wednesday, June 25, 2008

KILLING THE ROMANCE


Some things lovers say to each other should serve as relationship red flags that things aren’t quite what they should be. I spend a lot of time eavesdropping on other people’s conversations and I can’t help but wonder sometimes what folks are thinking.

“Really, she slept at the foot of the bed and absolutely nothing happened! She was naked, not me!”

“I did not call your mother a witch. What I called her was a bitch!”

“Seriously, you couldn’t find anything else to wear? You look like a beached whale in heat!”

“I felt something but it certainly wasn’t earth-shattering.”

“I bought you a tank of gas. Twice! If that doesn’t say we’re in a relationship I don’t know what does."

“I mean really, how much more attention do you really need?”

“I know the number is in my cell phone but I don’t know that girl!”

“His thighs are much bigger than yours, honey. Do you think his thing might be too?”

“Oh, sorry, Tanya. Did I really call you Amber? That's so funny 'cause I don't know any Ambers.”

“The doctor said a week of penicillin will cure it right up so I don’t know why you keep bitchin’."

“Son-of-a-bitch! Did you really have to tell me you did him in the backseat of my father’s car?”

Have you overheard any snippits lately that could kill the romance in a romantic relationship? If so, please feel free to share.

No comments: