Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TAKING PHOTOS



I am more comfortable behind a camera than in front of one. I have never liked having my picture taken. I am not photogenic and it is probably every one out of a hundred shots that I actually like and am comfortable with sharing. Many a photo shoot has been a complete and total waste of time and money.

I get a fair number of requests for pictures. Many of those requests are legit. A few have been questionable. Most are completely ignored and the few that are fulfilled usually get an image taken some time ago.

Social networking is making it much harder for me to hide. I cringe at family events when someone pulls out a camera to snap a shot, fearful that an image likened to Quasimodo will tag me on Facebook or Twitter before the party is even over.

My last driver’s license photo is one of my favorites. I dread the thought of renewing my license and losing that image for one that will probably have my face twisted. I like my passport photo as well. That one’s good for a few years and I’m happy about that.

But I need a new headshot and none that I’ve taken in the last few months is working for me. Through no fault of the photographers, I have not liked any of the images. Because I hate having my picture taken and it shows each time I do.

No comments: