Friday, July 10, 2015

AUTHOR ROOMS Welcomes SHERYL LISTER


Today, AUTHOR ROOMS welcomes author SHERYL LISTER. An avid reader who's been writing for as long as she can remember, Sheryl writes contemporary and inspirational romance and romantic suspense. Her first novel, Just To Be With You, earned her a 2015 Romance Slam Jam nomination for Debut Author of the Year. 

In Sheryl's next novel, Made To Love You, Devin Simms is a man who has never forgiven the woman who walked out on him but when he sees her again, he realizes the passion between them still burns. Vivian Michaels has to face her past and trust her heart when Devin's kisses reawaken memories of the love she still feels for him. Made To Love You is a tale of love lost and rediscovered beneath a Caribbean sun. It's available on July 14, 2015.

Sheryl resides in California and is a wife and mother of three. 

What does your writing process look like?   
I try to write at least five days a week, though not always at the same time. When I'm not writing, I'm usually thinking about writing or 'writing in my head' as my husband calls it. 

What is your least favorite part about the writing / publishing process?
  
My least favorite part is writing the middle of the book. The characters are falling in love at the beginning and finding their happily ever after at the end, and I often want to hurry and get to that part.

Do you have any strange writing habits?

I tend to write phrases and thoughts on colored post-its. Each color represents a different kind of thought (i.e. green - songs, pink - phrases the hero/heroine will say, blue - things I need to go back and add, etc.)

If you weren't a writer what would be your next career choice and why?
If I weren't writing, I would most likely be back working as a pediatric occupational therapist. I spent over twenty years playing for a living. How cool is that?

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play the leads?

Devin Simms would be played by Lance Gross and Vivian Michaels, would be played by Nicole Beharie.


No comments: