Tuesday, December 25, 2012

DEAR SANTA,

Santa, Santa, Santa!
How’s it going?   Since I’m sure you have your hands full maneuvering that sleigh, ‘dem deer, and that mountain of presents loaded on your back, I’ll make this quick.
I tried very hard to be nice this year.  I really did, Santa.  Now, I admit, I had a moment, or two, okay, maybe three, but hey, things could have been worse.  Those moments of naughty could have gotten downright ugly but they didn’t.  I think I done good!
The list isn’t long this year, Big Guy!  And do a girl a favor please and just stick to the list.  I’ve already been hit with enough surprises this year that I don’t need you to throw anything unexpected my way.  I’ve warmed right up to that new daughter-in-law the Easter Bunny dropped in my lap and the news of that new grandbaby coming next year…well, I’m still working on that one.  Santa, you know how I am about surprises and this year there have been some doozies!
Okay, so as usual peace and good will on earth are at the top of my list.  I know it takes some cooperation from the masses and too darn many folks don’t make it easy, but between us I’ll keep doing my part if you’ll do yours. 
And I know you have that car thing covered.  I can’t wait to untie that big bow that’ll be sitting on my new Jaguar!  Let me repeat that… NEW…Jaguar.  I mean, if a girl’s gonna ride she might as well ride in style, right?  You’re shaking your head.  Too much?  Really?  Okay, I’ll settle for a Certified Used Jaguar with minimal miles on it.  A model in the last two years preferably.  I’m not difficult to please.
In fact, Santa, baby, I am so easy to please that my wish list is very short.  I already have the really great guy, incredible friends, much-loved family, and my writing gig is kicking butt.  There have been some incredible books fans who have come my way and I absolutely adore and appreciate every one of them.  As a matter-of-fact, Santa, I’m extremely grateful for all the blessings in my life.
Life is good, Santa, and I’m feeling particularly favored.  I am busting with so much joy and happiness that if you didn’t bring me that Jaguar I probably won’t even hold a grudge.  It won’t be like that pony I asked for umpteen years ago that still isn’t grazing in any green pasture in my back yard.  I’m just saying!
I’m going to let you get back to it, Santa.  Boys and girls all over the world are anxiously awaiting your arrival.  And I’m sure there’s a pony or two on their lists that I wouldn’t want you to forget to deliver. 
So, to you and everyone else, have yourselves a very Merry Christmas, and until we do this again, a very safe, blessed, and prosperous New Year!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: