Friday, June 08, 2012

MY MUPPET PERSONALITY


I am already having a day.  For thirty minutes I was contemplating my Muppet personality.  Why, you might ask. 
Why not?  At the time I didn’t have anything better to do.  Like I said, I was already having a day.
For years I adored Miss Piggy.  Her creator, Frank Oz said she was “a truck driver wanting to be a lady”.  I got that.  Like Miss Piggy, I was destined for stardom and nothing was going to stand in my way.  She and I both had our public personalities – soft, demure, and lady-like.  Piss us off and it was on like a firestorm.  Miss Piggy kicked Kermit’s green butt a time or two when she wasn’t kissing it.  I wasn’t much about kissing anything that I had to kick.
But I’ve evolved.  I’m no longer wanting to be anything, lady or otherwise.  The public personality isn’t quite so soft and demure.  Piss me off and it is still on.  So, I was thinking that I’m more like Janice Muppet now.
Janice is the lead guitar player in the Electric Mayhem.  She’s also quite the actress, her talents endless.  Janice is laid-back, has issues with nudity (only her own), has an affinity for baking (only during the holidays) and she just rocks.  Janice doesn’t need to prove she can kick ass.  When it’s necessary she just does and not in that fly-off-the handle way that Miss Piggy does it.  Of course, I don’t have her annoying Valley-girl voice but I confess to being unapologetically spoiled with a cute-girl attitude.
And it took me thirty minutes to figure out the Janice Muppet in me.  It’s definitely going to be a day. 
So, contemplate your Muppet personality and feel free to share.  And have a great weekend.  I definitely plan on it.

No comments: