Wednesday, December 07, 2011

A SIMPLE SERENADE

So, it’s raining and the temperature has nose-dived some twenty degrees from last night’s low.  I’ve been nursing the last remnants of a migraine for a few days and now I feel a cold coming on.  

My favorite guy made me a special hot toddy to nurse the cold away and I was headed to bed to feel better when the doorbell rings.  The doorbell rarely rings after eight pm unless it’s an element of crazy come to stir up some drama.  But low and behold it was our neighbors, and their holiday choir, come to practice their caroling at the bottom of the steps.

I stood in the doorway, wrapped in a blanket, as they serenaded us with a rendition of Silver Bells and then Silent Night.  Then the rain got the best of them, running us all back inside.  I’m in bed now with my favorite cuddle toy and that hot toddy is beginning to cure everything that might have been ailing me.

But it was a simple serenade that made it feel a lot like Christmas, and it's made me feel a whole lot better.

No comments: