Monday, October 17, 2011

RUNNING FOR A CAUSE


My beautiful daughter-in-law has joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team-In-Training to run a half marathon in honor of my late son and her husband Allan Mello Jr.  I have written about my sonshine here before.  November  3rd will be the anniversary of his passing, Allan Jr. having died after a too short battle with a very rare T-cell lymphoma. 
Always the meddling in-law I would like to do everything possible to support her endeavor so I am sharing this information in hopes that there will be some who might lend a hand and make a donation toward her fundraising efforts.  I’ve written my check and only wish I had much more to give.  But since I don’t, I don’t have any qualms about asking for a little bit of help. 

This incredible young woman has raised two amazing children without her life partner.  She continues to amaze and delight me with her fortitude, her spirit, and the sheer will with which she has persevered.  My son loved and adored her and she has done him and the entire Mello family proud.

As part of her mission baby girl is looking to raise $3,800 help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma.  She is running for a cause and with everyone’s support can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.  Every dollar helps get a step closer to finding a cure for cancer.

So, please, won’t you DONATE?

No comments: